The God Of Action; “I Will...”
“And it shall come to pass in the last
days, saith God, I WILL pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh...”
Acts 2:17
There is close to seven thousand promises in the Bible. As we read from Genesis (the beginning) to
Revelation (the end) we see the story of a God who graciously showers gifts
upon His people. This story comes to
life when we say, “God, you said
it! You moved upon men to write it! I
believe it!”
When we say that we believe, we mean that “we have faith in; a mental persuasion of;
and confidence in.” We must learn to
believe, claim, walk in, and stand upon the promises of God.
Jesus said, “...If
thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” (Mark 9:23)
When God says “I
will,” then He is giving you His guarantee.
It is His pledge to act. The word
“promise” appears fifty-two times in
the New Testament. Never is it linked
with negotiation on the part of man.
Promises
are free and unmerited if we will do three things:
1. Comply with the conditions laid
down.
2. Pray the promises into our
lives.
3. By faith, claim the promises
and believe them.
2 Peter 3:9 tells us “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise...” In Romans
4:21 we read, “And being fully
persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.”
This lesson is about the “God of Action” who proclaims, “I
will!”
Matthew 16:18
“...Upon this
rock, I WILL build my church!...” As an after statement to Peter
revealing who Jesus was, Jesus then announced His purpose of coming to this
earth. He came to build His church and
He continues the work right up until now.
Matthew 16:19
“And I WILL give
unto thee the keys to the kingdom...”
Once He proclaimed His purpose and vision statement for His
journey into the homes and hearts of fallen mankind, Christ then tells Peter
that He has given him the keys to the Kingdom.
He gave Peter the keys to the church He was about to build.
Acts 2:15-17
Standing in the midst of a bewildered crowd of Jews, Peter
stood boldly to address them. Their
question was “...What meaneth
this?” (Acts 2:12)
In response Peter assured them that “...these are not drunken, as ye suppose... But this is that which was
spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith
God, I WILL pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your
daughters shall prophecy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old
men shall dream dreams.”
Joel had long before prophesied that there would be a great
outpouring of the Spirit of God.
Here Peter used the keys to unlock the stony hearts of the
Jews gathered on the Day of Pentecost and to open wide the door of salvation
for them.
Acts 2:18
He again repeats, “...I
WILL pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.”
Acts 2:19
“And I WILL shew
wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath...”
Summary
·
Jesus
said, “I WILL” build my church!
·
Jesus
said, “I WILL” give you the keys to
that church.
·
Jesus
said, “I WILL” pour out my Spirit in
that church.
·
Jesus
said, “I WILL” show signs, wonders,
and miracles in that church.
·
Jesus
said, “I WILL” come back for that
church. (John 14:3)
·
Jesus
said, “I WILL” give you rest.
(Matthew 11:28)
No comments:
Post a Comment